Hi friends! So last week, I asked you guys to ask me some random questions on my instagram. I have met so many friends through blogging but I don’t know if you guys really know me that well. So I figured a Q & A would be a fun way to get to know me. I decided to make it into a little video because why not? I’ve never made any type of video like this before but I figured it could be fun to start doing this once in a while. It was a little awkward talking to the camera but in the end it was pretty fun. Take a look!
I also decided to recap the questions below b/c some of them were really similar and if you don’t want to watch the entire video, you can just scan my answers below for some tips 😀
- Food Photography: When it comes to food pics, I have two really helpful pieces of advice. Find bright, natural lighting. Never fluorescent overhead lighting plz. Also, find a bright background, like a white cutting board or even a poster. If you use natural lighting and white backgrounds for your food pics, I guarantee you they will come out looking way more professional. A good camera doesn’t hurt either but even the I-phone 7 has an amazing camera and I try to utilize the portrait mode as much as possible!
- New blogger surprises / tips: When I started blogging, I was shocked by how many people were willing to help me when it didn’t even benefit them! I would get DM’s from similar bloggers offering me tips, advice, or even just compliments on my blog / photos out of nowhere. It made me feel amazing to be welcomed into a community just like that and I have made so many friends in the past few months this way. My top blogging tip is to join FB groups for bloggers with your niche on Facebook because this was so helpful for me!
- Staying focused or organized: I try to have a plan in the back of my mind for the upcoming week. I usually plan out three posts for the next week and photograph them during the weekend. Although, this usually works for me, it definitely could be more organized if I tried. Sometimes I get insanely busy and don’t have time to take photos! Then, I might post something with an old photo or not post at all. Don’t kill yourself to get a certain number of posts out. Just do what works for you!
- Staring my blog: My mom gave me the suggestion to start a health and wellness blog. Since then, I’ve become a much healthier version of myself and I thank the blog for that! I didn’t know about kombucha or essential oils or natural beauty products before this blog and I’m so happy that it pushes me to be my best self.
- On collaborating and guest posting: A lot of people ask me if I ever want to exchange guest posts or collaborate and my answer is always yes! I usually get to learn something new throughout these guest posts and I get the chance to share something with a new audience too! Win / Win.
That’s about it! The rest were kind of fun, personal quesitons that you can check out in the video! The giveaway rules are on this instagram! I don’t want you to miss out so be sure to participate!! We’re announcing a winner this Saturday!! 🙂 Good luck!