Hi guys! I am writing this on Sunday night and it’s beginning to get dark outside. My mom just said to me, “Isn’t it funny how the mood changes on a Sunday night?” And I definitely agreed. Everyone’s a little bit more sad on Sundays. This particular weekend was so relaxing and calming, yet it still feels like I didn’t have enough time to get everything done. I guess it’s a trade off and this time, I was happy to have a really chill weekend. I mostly worked on blog posts, watched some documentaries, made myself a homemade turmeric facial (blog post coming soon), and got ice cream with my best friend.
I also experimented with my essential oils. I recently got started on essential oils when I purchased this artnaturals box of oils on Amazon. After heavy research, I felt like this box gave me the most oils for a really good price. Plus, it came with all of the ones I wanted to try out and I am really pleased with it! It also came with a packet of what the oils are good for / how to use them when it comes to skincare, beauty, cleaning, diffusers, etc.
So, I decided to put together a list of my favorite 10 ways I use them and hopefully, give some inspiration to essential oil newbies like me who might be a little intrigued but intimidated to use them in their everyday life. And for those curious- oils are for so much more than diffusers- I don’t even own a diffuser! So, take a peak below and let me know what your favorite essential oil uses are in the comments 🙂
- Perk up w/ Peppermint Oil. Do you ever hit the snooze button like 3 times and still wake up feeling super sluggish? I do. I know that the best thing to wake me up is a few sniffs of peppermint oil. It always energizes me.
- Get rid of aches w/ Lemongrass. I’m either sitting all day at the office at work or running around in my spare time, trying to fit in all of my errands or workouts. This causes a lot of little aches here and there. It doesn’t help that I sleep in all types of crazy positions and don’t stretch enough. So, occasionally I’ll force my boyfriend, Anton, to give me a little back massage in return for one himself. We always use lemongrass because it helps soothe aches.
- Get sleepy w/ Lavender. I have a big bottle of lavender by my bed and at night, I always sprinkle it onto my pillowcases. I find it puts me in the perfect state of sleepiness and relaxation and I think it works on Louie, too.
- Have kissable lips w/ Sweet Orange. Orange oils are often used for odors because they smell so dang good. So, I thought, why not put it into a little lip scrub with sugar, vanilla, and coconut oil. This way, my lips are going to taste great and stay moisterized 🙂
- Say bye-bye to allergies w/ Patchouli + Frankincense. This is such a good combo for allergies, which I have big time. I rub it onto my palms and sometimes on the pads of my feet. I find it clears up my breathing almost right away.
- Clear your stuffy nose w/ Eucalyptus. Use this with hot water to help clear congestion. This works with allergies, a cold or just when you’re feeling like you might be getting a case of the sniffles. I add it with my beauty steam from my goodbeing box to clear my skin too.
- Clean your carpets: Add baking soda and 10 drops of your favorite essential oil to a shaker. Then, sprinkle on the carpet and vacuum after ten minutes. This is a safe way to get your entire room smelling great.
- Natural Bug repellant w/ Patchouli. Add patchouli to regular, unscented lotion and rub it all ovah before you get dressed for a night spent outdoors.
- Clear your skin w/ Tea Tree Oil. When I’m breaking out a bit, I use this mixed with my usual face wash or toner for an additional boost on my skin. Or I use tangerine mixed with grapefruit for spot treatment.
- Stress less w/ Bergamot. Bergamot has lots of uses from clearing acne scars to reducing anxiety and tension and improving blood circulation. Whenever I’m feeling stressed, I try to rub some on my hands or feet before bed or sprinkle some wherever I’m sitting.