Hi guys and gals. It’s Thursday but it feels like it should really be Friday already. It’s about 90° here so I am dying to head to the beach, lay out, and get a bit of a tan. I love how the weather’s finally begun to change and although I know it’s going to cool down by the weekend, it has been making me so happy. Last night, it was really hot out and I drove home on the parkway with my roof off (I have a jeep wrangler, don’t worry!) and the windows down and although my hair was a mess, it still was really fun!
My grandma came over last night and we all made turkey burgers so I thought I’d share the recipe with you guys! It is so good! Sometimes, I just ground it up and add it to a bowl with roasted brussel sprouts, potatoes, broccoli, or whatever veggies I’ve got at the moment. After dinner, I talked to my best friend, Cat, on the phone outside for about an hour and then walked my dogs with my mom. I literally didn’t want to go back inside! I honestly wish it was always this warm out ♥ My mom’s famous Turkey Burger recipe below:
- 2 stick of celery
- 1/2 an onion
- An apple, peeled and cut up
- 1 lb of turkey
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- whole wheat hamburger buns
- garlic powder
What to do:
- Sauté the celery, onion, and apple with a touch of olive oil.
- Take your turkey, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and 1 whole wheat hamburger bun (that has been ground in a food processor.) Mix together, adding a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder for taste.
- Take your sautéed veggies and mix into the turkey mix, either by hand or with two wooden spoons.
- Shape your burgers.
- Place into the fridge for about 20 min, so they harden slightly.
- Then, place the burgers on a skillet on the stove (with a bit of pam or oil) or baking sheet on the grill. Keep the heat on medium and cook for about 5 min on both sides, or until both sides are browned.
- Bonus: you should grill your whole wheat buns for a minute on each side too!
(I put ketchup on my burger, but you can make your own thousand island dressing by mixing low-fat mayo and ketchup and it is so good on this burger too!)
I decided to write 5 random facts about me today. I used to do this in the beginning of my blog and I thought, why not do it again? I love when other bloggers do this because it gives me a chance to get to know them better so here’s mine!
- I love interior design and home decor. I cannot wait until I get the chance to design my very own home one day. I show Anton pictures from time to time and say, “I want our kitchen to look like this!”
- I am not a big salad fan, at all. I know this is strange because I try to eat pretty healthy and salad’s so good for you! I’d always just rather get a smoothie, stir fry, or acai bowl for lunch instead.
- I was a competitive swimmer about ten years ago and I still miss it! I used to swim several days a week and it is such a great way to stay in shape. I wish I had an indoor pool because I’d be in there every single day if I could.
- Growing up, I was such a girly girl. Most of my closet was filled with pink, sparkly, or flowery outfits. But today, I am most comfortable in ripped jeans and a loose t-shirt.
- My music taste is all over the place. I am a fan of soft, acoustic music at work, rap music at the gym, pop music when I drive, and 40’s music in the kitchen. Odd I know!