Happy Thursday! This week has been a bit busier than usual so I haven’t posted in a few days but over the next few days I’ve got some goodies for you guys, including a guest post tomorrow! So, stay tuned. Onto today’s blog post… I find that a morning can make or break your entire day based on so many factors- how well you slept, how rushed you were, if you ate a decent breakfast, etc. I try to be as organized as I can in the morning and I try to do as much as possible the night before to make my morning easy and productive. Follow my steps and tips for a breezier, happier start to your day.
- Wake up. I usually wake up around 7 / 7:15 on weekdays and 8 or 9 on weekends. I love to sleep in but during the week that can’t happen so I try to go to bed early enough where I can get 8 hours of sleep. I read that you should think about 5 things you’re grateful for before you get out of bed. I do this now and it really increases my happiness! I stretch a bit in bed and then I’m up.
- Wash my face. I have been using my Clinique liquid facial soap in extra-mild (I have such sensitive skin), this Clinique exfoliator and my Clinique moisturizer. This stuff is worth the price because my skin looks and feels great when I use it twice a day.
- I brush my teeth! 😀
- TIP: If I want to straighten or curl my hair, I do it the night before so it’s ready to go the next morning. I just got my hair done last night so I didn’t need to do anything to it but a quick brush.
- TIP: Shower the night before! Some people like showering in the morning but for me I like it the night before because it saves time. I also exfoliate every other day w/ my St. Ives face scrub because I have small pores. This makes my makeup go on smoother the next day. Also, I use coconut oil as shaving cream. It’s 100% better!
- I make my bed. Making your bed is so important! It’s so nice to come home to a bed that’s already made at the end of the day and it also makes the entire room look much cleaner.
- Next, I put on my makeup. My favorite brand is Tarte. I use their concealer, their foundation, and their airbrush powder foundation, which is my favorite secret for flawless skin. I also love using my Hoola Bronzer and Nars Kabuki brush to contour my cheekbones, my Becca highlighter for above my cheeks and my nose, and my Naked palette w/ a tiny brush for my eyeliner. I never use my fingers, always RealTechniques brushes or my Beauty Blender.
- Next step- my outfit. I always lay out my outfit the night before or at least have an outfit in my mind for the morning. I try to have it all ready because in my opinion, an outfit takes the most time. Looking good = feeling good!!!
- Next = a spray of perfume. I recently found out perfume is SO bad for you. I got the app Think Dirty and it tells you how good or bad your products are for you. I want to switch to an organic perfume free of chemicals. Anyone know of a good one?
- Next, downstairs for brekkie. TIP: If you are making a smoothie, chop your fruit and place it in bags and into the fridge the night before. This makes for a quick smoothie in the morning. I usually go with something easy like toast + PB for breakfast but if I want oatmeal or pancakes or something special, I usually make it the night before, only to heat it up in the morning. 😀
- Then I make my coffee w/ some collagen and I’m off. (Remember, there’s a discount on furtherfood collagen w/ RICEANDREPEAT10 at checkout!)
- Then I drive to work, listening to a podcast and sipping my coffee on the way.
I hope you guys enjoyed this and that it gave you some tips on how to have a quick, easy morning, as well! 😀