First off, Happy Friday!! I am so excited for this week to be over. It’s been a little bit crazy for the past few days. Lets dive in– I know that the best way to get to know someone is by peering around their bedroom, which I always do when I’m in someones room (just being honest!) I think a bedroom is the best place to add little bits of you and what makes you happy. I’ve spent a long time collecting knick knacks and customizing my room so that it makes me feel comfortable, homey, and just where I belong.
Today, I figured I’d do a little #FunFactFriday by showing you my favorite parts of my room and explaining why I love them. This way you can learn more about me and hopefully, it will inspire you to do something similar with your room.
^ Ooops, let me just make my bed. This is embarrassing.
- I love makeup. We weren’t allowed to wear makeup in middle school and when I started going to high school my grandma took me to the makeup counter at the mall and bought me all of these amazing products. Now I watch makeup tutorials in my free time.
2. I got a polaroid camera and I’m obsessed. I’m always trying to make people (*cough cough* my boyfriend) take pictures with me. I want to fill up an entire wall.
3. I love to travel and try to get knick-knacks wherever I go. I studied abroad in London and turned an old map into a sort of “memory” wall.
4. I color coordinate my bookshelf. I also made this DIY string outline of NJ with my sister before we went to college.
5. I am a big jewelry person. I also still wear Taylor Swift’s wonderstruck perfume. I know it’s a little embarrassing but it smells SO good.
6. I am a little obsessed with my boyfriend.
7 + 8. I always have fresh (or not so fresh…) flowers in my room. Also, my favorite artist is Gustav Klimt and this is my favorite painting. I got this one in Vienna after seeing it in the flesh!
8. My painting collection varies from these Mona Lisa / Queen Elizabeth look-a-likes to this oil painting I got from an artist in Paris.
9. On my night stand, there’s always a stack of books I am currently reminding myself to read or write in.
10. I collect vintage postcards. These are from Spain, Italy, California, and the Hamptons.
I hope you enjoyed the tour and I hope it inspires you to create a special place, filled with memories, in your own bedroom ❤