So, if you follow me on instagram, you know that I just made these delicious chia protein balls. Everyone on my social feed was making these lately and it got me thinking that I should try to combine some ingredients in my house to create my own. The best part about these is that there are infinite ways to make these no-bake goodies and they’re SO yummy. Seriously, I could not stop eating them and had about 3 the first day I made them.
Today is Friday (YAY!) and tonight I’m going into the city to take a cooking class with my mom and sis, which I am really excited for. I also decided to create a fun little segment on the blog once in a while called Fun Fact Friday where I share ten fun facts about myself. I always love when bloggers do this because I learn all about them and it feels like we are friends. So here we go…
- I’m a twin and I’m actually two minutes older. Her name is Stephanie and here’s her instagram. We don’t really look too much alike anymore!
- My favorite guilty pleasure is ice cream but I gave it up for lent 😦
- I hate the cold, especially the snow, which is what it’s doing in New Jersey today. I wish I lived somewhere warm!
- My family recently just sent away for DNA tests and I found out that I am Italian, French, German, Irish, English, Scandinavian, a tiny bit Middle Eastern and African, and way back when, I had great-great-great-great grandparents from the Balkans!
- My boyfriend, Anton, and I are deep into watching Shameless on Netflix. I recently just watched two episodes without him and now I’m gonna have to re-watch them with him.
- I despise burpees and pretty much won’t do more than 10 in a row without quitting.
- I used to swim competitively year-round until I was about 16.
- When I was younger, I took singing lessons and was in a few choirs. I love to sing still but now I just do it when no ones home 😉
- When I have an afternoon with absolutely nothing to do, my favorite thing to do is paint.
- I am the worst at keeping track of my earrings and usually lose all of them in time.
^^ Louie always wants food so when he saw that I was making something he kept biting my toes as if to say, “Mom! Mom! Give me some!!” …He’s still learning and you can’t get mad when his face is this cute.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (or almond butter, nut butter, etc.)
- 2/3 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 banana
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixer and then using your hands, form the dough into little balls. It’ll be gooey but that’s ok. Pop them on a plate and into the fridge. Cover them with wax paper and after a few hours they should be good to go!