Some days, I just wake up knowing that I’m going to need a big breakfast to get me through the day that is also healthy and delicious. This has been my go-to for a while now because it is delicious, sweet, and savory all at once. My favorite thing to do in the summer while I was job searching, and fun-employed, was to create this breakfast and watch Gilmore Girls.
Take a look at my recipe and recreate it for yourself. I added turkey bacon to this recipe because it’s important to have some protein to start the day (other than the spoonful of peanut butter.) Oh, and I know the PB might seem a bit odd but I promise it will make oatmeal 100x better! Enjoy 🙂
Louie wanted to say hey ^^
- 1/4 cup oat
- 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk
- a spoonful of PB
- 1 banana
- a handful of strawberries (or blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- turkey bacon
- Boil water and put in your oatmeal.
- As it’s cooking, spray a pan with pam and put on a few slices of turkey bacon as the pan heats up.
- Cut up your fruit as your oatmeal cooks (5-7 min)
- Drain your oatmeal.
- Add in the milk and PB and mix thoroughly.
- Top w/ your fruit and cinnamon.
- Add turkey bacon on the side for a well rounded breakfast 🙂